Fun Stuff and Extras
Doing the extra things as Team Mom is fun and rewarding and will make you the BestTEAMMOM.
- Be sure to always have a first aid kit both at the games and at practices for those accidental cuts and scrapes.
- For practices on hot days, treat the kids to an Otter Pop or Popsicles after the game (bring an ice chest full of ice of course). If you can, have extras for siblings.
- Bring extra bottles of water in case a child forgot to bring one.
- Get to know every player on the team and talk with all the parents. You will be their point of contact for passing on information, schedules etc. Once they have met you they will come to you with questions.
- Pizza makes a great surprise to the kids for after a game, especially with baseball. Whether they win, lose or are celebrating a birthday, have the local pizza company deliver right to the field (be sure to bring enough plates/napkins).
- Pick me ups before a baseball game are great, especially if the game is schedule right around dinner time. Some kids may not have had time to eat so a nutrition bar or fruit is a great snack.
- If desired, celebrate the team player’s birthday with cupcakes for all. Don’t forget the siblings.
- Depending on where you live and whether or not your child is playing an outdoor sport, it can get hot during the games. Surprise your players with a water bottle with their name on it with puff paint (purchased at Joanne’s). It’s a great little surprise that the kids will enjoy.
- Put together a DVD of pictures from the season and create a with music to give to each of the players and their families.
- For baseball and softball teams, have the hats monogrammed with player’s name and/or uniform number.
- – these are great for practices.
- Snacks – While they may not admit it, coaches love to be included with the snack the kids get. When it’s your turn to provide snacks, buy them a larger bottle of Gatorade and some peanuts and fruit. Beef jerky is always a big hit and individual packages can be purchased at your local warehouse store such as Costco or Sam’s Club.